The all-new, seventh-generation 2014 Corvette Stingray will serve as the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car, leading the field of Indy cars at the 97th running of “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” on Sunday, May 26, 2013, at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
This Indy 500 race marks a record 12th time the Corvette has served as the Pace Car, starting in 1978, extending a legacy at the Brickyard that dates to the racetrack's early days.
Decked out in Laguna Blue Tintcoat with official Indianapolis 500 graphics on the doors, the Corvette Stingray Pace Car differs from production models with only track-mandated safety features and strobe lights. No powertrain upgrades are required to run in front of the IndyCar pack, thanks to its all-new 6.2L LT1 engine, which features advanced technologies including direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation). They help produce an estimated 450 horsepower more efficiently.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe will be available or sale at Chevrolet dealers during Fall 2013.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe goes on sale this fall, with a convertible model – featuring a fully electronic top that can be operated remotely with the key fob -- coming a few months later. The 2014 Corvette Stingray vehicle highlights include:
- An interior that offers genuine carbon fiber and aluminum trim, hand-wrapped leather materials, dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, and two new seat choices – each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support
- Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time.
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable carbon fiber roof panel on coupes; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio.
- A sculpted exterior featuring advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability.
- Track-oriented Z51 Performance Package, including an electronic limited-slip differential; dry-sump oiling system; integral brake, differential and transmission cooling; as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability. The Corvette Pace Car features the track-capable Z51 package.
Test drive the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette 427 at Jeff Wyler Chevrolet of Columbus.
Test Drive a Corvette at Your Local Jeff Wyler Chevrolet Dealer
- Jeff Wyler Chevrolet at Eastgate Auto Mall by phone, 855-448-3113, or email the Sales Department;
- Jeff Wyler Chevrolet of Columbus by phone, 855-446-4348, or email a Chevy Sales professional;
- Jeff Wyler Shelbyville, by phone, 855-453-8987, or email a sales person;
- Jeff Wyler Springfield Auto Mall by phone, 855-455-8206, or email the Sales staff.